1976


In 1976, Al Benedetti (class of 1948), Larry Gregory (class of 1951), Dick Wehrli (class of 1956) and Don Deetjen (class of 1966), joined forces for the “$18,000 miracle in Naperville.” The foursome led the team that disassembled, transported, repaired, cleaned, painted and installed bleachers from Old Sportsman’s Park, the former home of the St. Louis Cardinals, to provide the College with its first true football stadium.