1929

Outstanding Alumni Award winner Torrey A. Kaatz, class of 1958.

1921

Outstanding Alumni Award winner Carl B. Althaus, class of 1921.

1928

Outstanding Alumni Award winner C. Wesley Eisele, class of 1928.

1924

Outstanding Alumni Award winner Dr. Alvin C. Eurich, class of 1924.

1922

Outstanding Alumni Award winner Andrew Kurth, class of 1923.

1923

A float created in honor of famous North-Western alumni for Booster Day, May 1923.

1923

Booster Day parade, 1923.

1929

Nichols Gymnasium was destroyed by fire on February 29, 1929. Two years later, the College constructed Merner Field House.

1926

On May 20, 1925, President Edward E. Rall supervised the laying of the cornerstone for Pfeiffer Hall, the College’s new auditorium-music building. Local businessman Arthur Beidelman donated the cornerstone. Town and College dignitaries included Albert Goldspohn, class of 1875, to the left of a standing President Rall.

1925

The College chapel in Old Main served as the main gathering area before the completion of Pfeiffer Hall in 1926. The space was renamed Smith Hall in 1935 to honor Professor Henry C. Smith, who had played the organ for Sunday morning services into the 1920s. Three members of the class of 1926 are shown here: Paul Eller at the pulpit, John Staffield at the organ and Albert Freiberg seated.Â