1963
The Class of 1876 donated this rock to the College. It was buried in 1896 to provide more space for outdoor activities. Unearthed in 1929, the rock was placed on a cement base. In 1960, the rock was buried again by the College’s maintenance staff but uncovered by a student group three years later. Seen here is the rock painted in the colors of the Class of 1963. Three years later, the rock was permanently removed.