1925


The College chapel in Old Main served as the main gathering area before the completion of Pfeiffer Hall in 1926. The space was renamed Smith Hall in 1935 to honor Professor Henry C. Smith, who had played the organ for Sunday morning services into the 1920s. Three members of the class of 1926 are shown here: Paul Eller at the pulpit, John Staffield at the organ and Albert Freiberg seated.Â